Motor Mounts - What are my choices?

90SCinKC

I have already been through several replacements of the OEM Gel mounts, and I am ready for a final solution while I am doing my headgasket job. I understand that there are solid mounts available, but are these soild mounts rubber, or polyurethane? Perhaps there are both types available (poly and rubber) if so, some feedback from you guys that might have them would be great. Seems like if the solids are Poly, that it may cause alot of engine vibration to enter the car not to mention the "no-give" flex of poly being hard on the drivetrain, though my car is an auto, which may help a bit. The logical choice to me seems to be a solid rubber mount, do you agree? disagree? Thanks guys....

I have the solid mounts from mn12performance.

No engine vibration in the passenger compartment with those mounts. They also cleared up a lot of rattles and groans going over bumps. Both motor mounts and the tranny mount came out in peices, so my experience was definately positive.

Aaron

Yes!

I just had my liquid filled ones replaced with the solid rubber ones from MN12performance.com or supercoupeperformance.com. They are awesome! They are solid rubber and cost me 120 w/shipping. My liquid filled ones went out at about 60 to 70k miles. I am really pleased with the solid rubber replacements.

I've told plenty of people this, so if you search I'm sure you'll see it. If you're at all worried about vibration, install the OEM oil filled mounts and attach a chain from the engine to the subframe on the driverside. You'll never rip a motor mount again, and it won't add any extra vibration.

-Rod

Back