Need Amplifier

K

Kirk Bryan

Need Amplifier

Hey Ed,

Is the amplifier in the '95's the same as the other years? And is there a different model for the ones with the phone system (the phone does not work when the amp is unplugged)? What is the Ford price?

Based on Ed's responses, does anybody have one (Thanks Ed :) ).

Thanks everyone.

Re: Need Amplifier

Hey Kirk

This is why I have a catalogue microfiche card reader at home, for just such an occasion. The amplifier is the same for 95-97 T-Bird and Cougar, makes no mention of the phone option, and get this, it's actually an Econoline van part # !! I'll check the Ford price when I'm back at work on Monday, but stuff like this is usually outrageously priced. The wiring going to it is listed differently though for with or without phone. So if you're going to check around for a used amp, other than a T-Bird, you may find one in a 1994 or newer Econoline Club Wagon, a 95 or newer Ranger with AM/FM cassette, or a 95 or newer Explorer with premium AM/FM cassette. Hey, maybe Bill's mother's truck has the correct one, do you think she'd notice ? :)

Anyway, the service part number is F4UZ 18B849-A, so the I.D. number that would be on an original part would be something like F4UF 18B849 AA. As long as you find one starting with F4U... it should be correct, 18B849 is just Ford's generic # for an amplifier.

hope this helps
cheers
Ed N.

Microfiche reader at home? LOL I am impressed.

BTW, I was up at Performance Improvements on the Queensway today. Reminds me of the parts shop they used in the Fast & Furious. Import parts everywhere.... and a huge inventory of blue headlight bulbs. What has PI become Ed? What is the ratio of domestic vs import business does PI do now?

Yeah. I was in there today too.
I was aking for a B&M rebiuld kit for my shifter, no idea what was talking about.
Wayne was not kindding, there was 8 honda's in parking lot. Everyone of them was covered on stickers, lowered, and SLOW.
Besides do you guys pay those prices for parts?
I don't know if this will help, but I'll sell you mine. It's from a '90(no phone).

harrisar@sympatico.ca

Thanks Ed. You'd think that the amplifier would be the same with phone or without phone. It would save them money from actually having to have 2 made. In no way was I even thinking of paying Fords prices for new OEM parts. I would sooner remove the phone and go with an aftermarket system. I'm just curious to know how much Ford wants for it if it's not too much trouble Ed.

Ryan, I'm going to look for the correct one for a bit, with all those Explorers out there the search should not be that difficult. I'll contact you if I do need it though. Thanks.

Now about PI. I called them awhile ago and asked them for hedders for a '95 Thunderbird SC. They said sure we have them, they're $300 each. I know that I must be talking to a moron, so I went in and asked to see them. They said they do not carry them in stock but they could order them. I asked to see the listing in the book, and the guy shows me the listing for V8 mustangs. I look at the guy and say "do you see Thunderbird anywhere on this page? I asked for Thunderbird. I drove down here in a Thunderbird, not a mustang. You better make sure that you know what you're doing before you start suggesting parts other than what the customer asked for." After that, I kindly informed him that he was a moron and left :) .

Ya, we had some spare readers kicking around at work, since we are usually using the computer catalogue most of the time. We only need the microfiche cards for 1979 and older stuff, or when the computers aren't working ! I have it here mostly for looking for part numbers and interchanges for the old crapcan stuff, but I do have a set of the current cards here as well.

As for Performance Improvements, unfortunately they have gone after the market where the $$ are, the rice boy stuff. The old timers there are pretty pissed about having to sell all that crap for sure. I joked with the manager down there that they would have to change the name to Appearance Improvements, since they're not selling performance stuff, and even the Improvements part of that would certainly be questionable. They're having their annual sale starting next week, the main day will be Friday the 12th. Some decent deals to be had, but as Kirk found out the hard way, they really don't have much to sell for our cars. If anybody wants a set of Eibachs, pricing on those shouldn't be too bad. They have a definite problem getting enough staff to fill all the positions in their stores, especially when the pay scale is crap, and few benefits. And then trying to get enthusiastic, knowledgeable staff, that's even tougher.

BTW I'll be helping out at the Brampton store on Friday night.

cheers
Ed N.

I've officially given up on Performance Improvements.

Not only do the guys working there not know about our cars, but they all know about cars that people aren't as interested in modifying anymore. A bunch of older white guys (does not include Ed, he is 29), representing an era of old domestics.

Eventually, they may begin to have some more foreign representaion, both in employees and the type of people who shop there. This is not a bad thing, just an observation.

Their prices (except for my Eibachs) aren't great either!

Let's just watch the OLDER white guy comments shall we????

29 ? Jeez, I wish I was still only 29 ... but unfortunately I'm closer to 39 than 29.

oh well

Amplifier

I will be yanking my entire premium sound package in the next month or so and replacing it with aftermarket stuff. Will sell you the amp out of my 97 LX if you want it. Let me know.

jrross1@cogeco.ca

JR 97 LX sport pkg

Back