Let's Get fired-Up about the May Drags

RonzSC

*Gives everyone a collectiv e high FIVE.
Yo Yo Yo....we are getting together at the end of the month at the Carlsbad drag strip.
Let's talk it up and get fired-up gents.
what happened to all the smack talkin' and bench racing???????

Here are some of the promises made;
94SCnFlt will make this meet,
Erich will have his car sorted out by the meet.

Here are some of the races agreed to;
Al35thSC vs. MattESC SC,
Rivelee vs. RonzSC,
Coast to Coast SC vs. 35th SC.
*did I miss anyone?

I am going to challenge Jimmy D. come drive down here and race John Shelton. To race like John raced him. Drive down here and not trailer the car and run against John and then drive home.

Couple of Q's

Do we have date in mind here? Mike wanted the 24th but Matt is a no go that day. I am up for whatever but may have a tough time getting back to back weekends at the track approved by the budget commitee and household systems engineer. If this is the only way to get everyone together, let us know. I'll start lobbying those parties and see what can be done.
Mike, I didn't realize we had a match, but I'll be happy to run ya...I've got alot to learn. I hope to have those damn bolts by then :rolleyes: and the streak and I will be ready to go!

Anthony

Good Point

I presumed that it was Matt's call as he is the sponsor.
Mike, can you make the 31st?

Remember when Anthony and Mike agreed to race for the the number 2 spot? I remember.

for #2?

I had just assumed that I had fallen to #4+ as a result of Mike and Carlos and nearly to Matt. Let's see if the Streak has that 14.999 in her anywhere.

Anthony

Anthony,
I didn't know we were racing either. I can make whatever day eveyone decides. I think my car has a 13 in it, at least I have the MPH for it.:D But remember, I have to bring my bro-in-law in the Rustang with me, since he lives by the track.

Mike

Last edited:
Daniel

I continue to own the title of the slowest in the chapter until de-throned. See you at the races.

After a somewhat lengthy conversation about my POS not running right... me and mike decided on the 31st. We had decent support for that date, so i stuck with it. i have a horrible knock that mike needs to listen to... it sounds like it's going to break in half... maybe the crank? :D

Ron, as for the bench racing, i think most of us are headed toward our own individual goals.

Me - breaking 14's
Al - regaining his title (Which, I have no doubt he will)
Anthony - working towards his stock 2.2 60', thus giving him a 14
Ron - well... who knows, really
Lee - getting the silverbird back with us!
Daniel - Keeping up the tail end! :D (hey, someone's got to do it... besides, a few months ago it was a cherished title)
Mike - Pulling a 13 out of his console
Mr. Shelton - being quicker, and faster than any of us (BTW, good work)
Erich - Getting that beast out to the track (don't break the motor in, drive it like you would every day - Mike)
Jose - Being the cleanest bird alive

Did i miss anyone????

I am not a huge fan of bench racing, but will throw my 2 cents in whenever i feel it it necessary.

Say WHAT?!?

It doesn't look like the SilverBird is gonna be ready and the main seals on the 35th are getting worse. I don't think you guys would appreciate oil on the track. So it looks like I"ll be SHO'ing up AGAIN. :mad:

Oh well, I'll give Ron and Daniel an Old Fart run. :p

Lee

Actually, my goal right now is to make a few passes to let me know if my rich condition will need a chip reburn to be fixed or not. 14'swould be super, but, meh, I need a few more bolt ons. The title...well, as long as I'm quicker than Rons car, I'll always have that. :cool:

Al

Where's Val

Where'd Val run off too??? There are big gains to be found in him and his car with some more track time (and some sticky tires!). He's another one that could potentially shave .5 from his time.
Anthony

Hey Anthony, .5 no way! I'm too busy looking good. Well...trying to look good. Have you guys settled in on a date? Oops, should of looked further down, 5/31's good for me. At this point a flat 16 is looking like a goal for me to shoot for.

Val

Hey Val,

Are you trying to beat Ron and me out of "Slowest in the Chapter"? :p

Get real man! That baby's more than a pretty face. ;)

You should be able to at least beat my SLO! :rolleyes:

Lee

Val,

Going off a little from the topic, but about your 16 second run. I noticed you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and was thinking either u are giving it WAY too much gas or leaning it out way too much. I mean, for the bolt ons you have, plus the lighter hood etc. you should be running much faster and quicker. You got a time slip somewhere that you can post? Or can you post your 60' times and other stuff. I'd really like to think that your SC is WAY faster than a 16. It sure would be bothering me anyway if it was my car.

Al

Hindsight

I checked out the tape of our runs down there and it looks as if those tires just can't hold what you've got! Try being even more easy for the first 25ft and then lay into it. I can promise that will get you that sub 16 run! You were spinning like mad last time. I looked carefully at my runs as well and have a few ideas for squeeking the .1 I need. The car was making gobs of power that day as my 60fts were 2.5-2.6 but I still had a bunch of <15.4 runs. I also had a new high mph at 93.80 (every little bit counts;)) You get it Val!

Anthony

p.s. Keep in mind also that your blower belt was slipping like crazy last time. One last thought here, have you ever check to be sure the T-body is opening all of the way?

Last edited:
Well...

Hey Al, it does bother me a little but it's probably the driver. It bothers the wife a lot because...we could of bought a Stang. But, at the last Carlsbad mini-meet I made (8) runs so these are the averages over the eight.

rt - 1.04 by the last run I had it down to .695
60ft - 2.68
1/4 mph - 84.17
1/4 et - 16.677

Hehehehe...go ahead say it...dude you suck!!! lol But, it's good that it bothers the wife because she's getting me more bolt-on's and actually talking about some slicks.

Anthony, I just had the belts changed, along with the tensioner pullies and a Ryan Harris aluminum jackshaft pulley so I guess I'll have to see how big a difference belt slippage makes. I'm going to run out and take a look at the T-Body.

And Lee I have you and Ron beat hands down for the slowest SC in the chapter. I'll put the car in park until you get through the traps to keep the title.

Val

Hehehehe...go ahead say it...dude you suck!!!
:D

Anyway, I did the same thing at Bakersfield the first time. Judging by the 2.6 60' times, you are spinning the living crap out of those tires. MPH Should have picked up tho, I mean I had a 2.9 60' but then again my MPH was a bit higher.

me%20vs%20mark.jpg

Did you let off to stop them from spinning???

Al

Damn, I better get to de-gremlinizing (not a word, I know :D ) if I want to make the meet in the SC!

The 31st sounds good to me also, that way I can get a call in to AAA so they can haul me to the track on a flatbed! ;)

I may just have to bring the 35th.

If you want to see how a sick SC can run better 60 times - WATCH OUT! :D

The "Low Torque Wonder" was turning 2.35 60's. I can do worse than that! :p

Lee

Back