ARC removal...?

bigcletus94

now that I have my eibachs and bilsteins in, I dont need that ARC stuff anymore. I removed the front actuators so far but have left the rears plugged in. Where is the ARC computer located? Is it safe to remove it or will it cause any problems? Thanks.

I would leave the computer in. I think it also controls some other things, like the EVO/speed sensitive steering.

You will likely get the firm ride light flashing if you disconnect the actuators.

Just disconnect the actuators from the shock, but leave them plugged in and that should work fine. There should be a fuse/relay for the ARC computer; you could just pull it and see if that works for you also.

I unplugged the actuators and chucked them. I have the firm button on and have not yet had the firm light flash on me. I am thinking about butting those two wires together that go into the ARC switch and then use the switch for something else later on. Then I think I will remove the 'Firm' bulb from the message center. Just curious though, where is the ARC computer located?

Back