Are the bottoms of all front SC seats the same??

sizemoremk

I got a 90 anniversary SC

I want to replace the bottom (just the part you sit on) of my drivers seat. I am having them re-covered an the foam is all flattened out an i want to replace it.

It is the power seats, and I do want to keep all that functionality..

What can I ask for... surface condition won't be an issue....

Will a passenger seat work???

Will anything out of 89-93 work power or non-power seats???

Thanks....

Last edited:
Will a passenger seat work?...no ... frame for seat is backwards ...if your recoving everything ...can't see why you can fix ..what ever is wrong with drivers seat

I think the foam bases are the same except the cut out for the power switches are on opposite sides. I have had good success on various cars including my SC in fixing packed seat foam by putting additional close celled foam underneath the original foam (yep between the springs and the foam). This seems to work better than trimming and shaping foam to go on top of the original foam like most shops do. When you refoam on top the stuff simply packs again in a couple of years and you have the same problem. If you do it from the bottom what your sitting on is already packed and doesn't seem to get worse.

Thanks RBM91 !

that sounds like an all together easier solution....

What exactly is "close celled foam" and where would I find this type?

thanks again!

Any upholstery shop can help you out. It come in various thicknesses in typically quarter inch increments. Or steal a chunk out of your couch.

Back