bypass valve?

stephens89sc

i think thats what its called (the one behind the superchager which closes when u rev thre engine)

what happens if i close it for good? or block it?

cause i closed it manually when my car was running and the supercharger just got louder... or atlest thats the only thing i realized.... im just wondering if anyting bad will happen if i block it ....

ALSO i revved my engine while holding it closed and i kept it closed as the revvs went down... i heard a whistleing sound.... do i have a boost leak or is that normal...???

That valve is used to allow the Super Charger to not cavitate when under non-boost conditions. When it opens, it allows the SC to recirculate air which reduces friction and engine load when not under boost. Faster than you can sense, that valve closes when the SC goes into a boost condition.

If you force it closed all the time you'll simply be adding additional load to the SC and your engine during non-boost times. Bypass systems on Superchargers is one of the main things that allows them to be used in production vehicles and remain reliable, and economical.

Your fuel milage would go into the tank, and your SC would be working harder, creating heat and wearing itself out sooner.

Back