rear-pass fender has 1/2" gap more than opposite?

bigcletus94

I posted this on tbscec recently, but considering that no one ever posts on that site I thought I might ask my question again here.

I installed Eibachs and Bilsteins which I am very happy with but the passenger-rear has 1/2 inch more fender gap than the driver side rear. It is very annoying. I installed 4 new spring isolators at the same time ($100!!) on the rears. The car sits exactly where I want it to now with the new springs, except for the funky 1/2" gap on the rear pass fender. What could cause this? I was thinking about switching the rear springs to see if the 1/2" carries over with that spring but I am too lazy to do that today. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

As you might have heard before. The first question is always, "Did you have the wheels unloaded/off the ground when you tightened everything up?"

If you did, you preloaded the suspension which when you set the car onto the ground will cause it to not settle all the way. You can measure the compressed size of the springs while they are on the car and see if they measure the same.

Could it simply be weight in your trunk throwing it off?

Back