91 got new hg's and headwork doesnt want to run no

rglenn

i blew my hg's and when it was apart the cyclinder looked real good and clean.no water in oil and no oil in water.i when i had the heads resurfaced and pressure checked i coughed up 250 bucks more and had them cut up the bowls and port and polish them.never got any flow numbers but he said 20-30% more flow than stock.anyway got it back toghther and it does the idle where it wants to hunt.it jumps 800-250 and acts like it wants to die.also i can kinda smell fuel.i replaced the iacv and it helped.the check engine light is on.havent pulled codes yet because i have no way too right now.the car acts like its running out of gas at low rpm and speeds it drives fine at like 40mph and above.i guess my question are since im flowing more do i need bigger injectors and fuel pump.also how long does it take the computer to get back to where it should be because i heard that your computer will reset afetr being disconnected so long.also if there is a leak in the ic tubes or intake manifold with the iacv not be able to provide the right fuel air ratio?anything will help just trying to figure it out.i am on the carl vinson so we dont get email all the time,we are in japan so it is working right now.so please email me onboard with your responses please.RGLENN@VINSON.NAVY.MIL
Thank you EN3 glenn

Back