Intercooler fan pics needed

silversc90

Please send IC fan pics, trying to set mine up and just wondering about everyone elses. And does anybody know how much hp you get out of a IC fan mine is 10'.

I'll try to take a photo tomorrow of the one on my 90 racer. However, I have made back to back runs with and without and it does not seem to help my 1/4 mile times at all. I run it when I race but can't say that it does any good what-so-ever. Some of the other guys may have had better results than I, though. When I set up my IC misting system maybe then it'll help. It is a 10" puller and I have it mounted on the back just clearing the power steering pump pulley by a 1/2". I used a thick copper wire, safety wire will work but I had this on hand, run through the eyelets on either side of the fan and stretched across the front of the IC and twisted tight. The top has a thin steel band screwed onto the upper eyelets and across the top of the IC. I didn't remove the IC to mount the fan. I used a relay and connected the coil to the fog light connector since they'd been removed and use the existing fog light switch to activate the fan.

Mike Puckett said:
I'll try to take a photo tomorrow of the one on my 90 racer. However, I have made back to back runs with and without and it does not seem to help my 1/4 mile times at all

I don't think that the fan would help the 1/4 mile times all that much, but there is definite worth in having one. Both Les Borda and myself (SCCoO)had our cars on the dyno a few weeks back at the same time, and what we found was that in between runs my car had a greater HP loss than his, a big difference I might add.

Les's fan was on during his second and third runs and like I said his power loss was way less that mine....BTW I did not have my IC fan hooked up.

Here's the pic

That makes sense about the cool down. I've noticed that my IC is a lot cooler than the sc top. That's a double IC the fan's on, BTW.

Attachments

• ic fan.jpg
    ic fan.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 174
thanks for the picture mike. it sounds like maybe i should spray the intercooler with co-2 along with the fan. i bought an intercooler for a mercedes, but do not have it mounted yet. it is about half the size of the ac condenser, it covers half the radiator. the problem is the inlet and discharge is to small. i guess it is fabrication time.

Back