whats the deal with mustang headers??

bentley801

ok im a newbie, so im sure this question has been asked befor. i apoligize in advance. lol. anyway what the deal with usin mustang headers on our cars i have a 90 sc and if i get headers with out spendin like $600, i would like to know where to get them and whatnot. thanx guys, matt

try this site..

Go to www.corral.net and search through the forums. They deal with nothing but Stangs, 4, 6, and 8 cylinders.

I got mine off of Ebay fro $40.00. The driver's side has to have the collector modified to fit right, but I have not installed them yet or modded them so that is as much as I know.

Go to Ebay.com and perform a search in the Automotive section for "mustang" "headers", or "3.8L" "mustang", etc. Use the quotes to help refine the seatch.

Later,

Phil

If you do go for the Mustang headers, be sure to pay close attention to the design. There are several choices as far as early/late/factory etc. Look at where each tube leaves the flange that bolts to the cylinder head, some of them neck down from 1-3/4" to about 1-1/2". Not something I'd care to waste money on, especially if you have to work on 'em just to make 'em fit your engine compartment too.

'bird

man_pair16.jpg

headers

The scp headers from kooks are great-they fit absolutely flawlessly and are more of a mid length than a shorty header-id spend the money if you have it and get a set of those-ive heard of ppl not being able to do the mustang header swap and basically wasting there money. my .02 cents. mike.

Back