The Mighty Exhaust.....

MysticGohan51

ok....i keep hearing about these magnaflow resonators.....how much are they....i really would like to put a new exhaust on my car.....so i like reading what people have to say about this subject....im thinking of getting flowmaster delta flow 40 series.......but i don't know how much those are either.....so im sure people here have gotten them.....how much are they....and i found on this site somewhere about high flow cats....is that something i should think about putting on my car....Thanks....

I got the Magnaflow resonator from SCP for $115.00 plus shipping, but you can get it elsewhere for cheaper. I also got the Flowmaster Delta 40's from Performance Automotive Warehouse here in So Cal for like 69 bucks each.

If you are gonna run the flows, you will need the resonator. If you are gonna run the flows, make sure u get the delta series.

Al

ok......is there a way i can go without having a resonator?....would it negatively effect my car in any way... i am curious to know.....and if i can go without it...what type of system am i looking at for how much?....

I agree with KillerSC, if you don't use a resonator you will have extremely abnoxious drone. A Magnaflow resonator will not rob you of any power, you can look straight through it.

-Rod

Okay, here is my 2cent on exhaust on my 95 auto i have the kooks headers and the scp setup with the magna flow res and the system is 21/4 throught high flow cats into the res 3 " out of thres to the tail pie with the cherry bomb turbo mufflers system sounds good but I have a drone inside the car which is not too bad but is noticable. I just turn the radio up.

I have kooks headers and flowmaster force 2 set up and i have people next to me it traffic look to see where its coming from so, Its not to loud but it still sounds like its got balls. Although im going to a custom dual (just for the power im trying to get) But Flowmaster does it ok. If your on a budget i dont think its too bad and with headers you get your rumble.

buzzy??drone???

I had the Flowmaster force II duels put on without a resonator and it is "buzzy" I went to the "magnaflow" web site and tried to DL the WAV for a SC but they didn't have one...does this thing really take away any of that buzzzzzzzzzzz?????

Rick in FL:cool:

buzz????

I have no buzz, I thought it was illegal to have a buzz in your car. No but really, I have a resonator and i dont really have that problem, I think it would help.:rolleyes:

LOL

No can't do that not here in FL they put you under the jail,
I Bought my 90SC from a guy named Ken off Red Bug in Orlando:D ...the car was all stock except for a B&M shift kit...only thing I've done is the exhaust and new upper/outter control arm bushings on the rear...be interested in any input, comments or concerns you might have about makin this bird at least smoke the 5.0 rustangs...I was considering just buying a shortblock then building it from there using Apten heads and the MPII blower with all the other assorted goodies...the current motor has 150,000 plus on it and is in really good shape...Ken kept very good records on all services etc.. and for 13 tears old the car just looks super inside and out...I did have a tune up done w/ standard motorcraft equipment to clear up a slight miss...turned out fine just a bad plug wire:D E-Mail me anytime at twocatcrowd@aol.com

Later,
Rick in Lessburg:cool:

Back