Upper Ball Joint Replacement?

thundersc

Banned
My upper ball joints are so bad now, the inside of both tires are show inside core. My passenger tire is bad, I can push on the inter rubber.:eek:

Parts house told me I have to change the whole a-arm? Is the part house a-arms the same grade as fords?

How to you change drivers arm without removing brake booster?

Yes you have to replace the entire upper control arm to replace the upper ball joint. Yes you can replace the upper control arm without removing the "brake booster" as you call it. Make sure you have full weight on the tires before you tighhten the nuts for the upper control arm. You also have to use a new upper control arm pinch bolt on the ball joint.

Duffy Floyd said:
Yes you have to replace the entire upper control arm to replace the upper ball joint. Yes you can replace the upper control arm without removing the "brake booster" as you call it. Make sure you have full weight on the tires before you tighhten the nuts for the upper control arm. You also have to use a new upper control arm pinch bolt on the ball joint.
Agreed. But I do beleive when I bought my new upper control arm, the new pinch bolt came with it so I don't think you have to buy it seperately.

Back