Engine survival

Brandon

Ok...here goes....I recently rebuilt my motor in my '91 SC. It's basically a stock rebuild, although it is bored .020 over. Right now my mods are ported exhaust manifolds, ASP underdrives, 190lph fuel pump and a 4-core radiator. I'm doing exhaust and gears next. With these mods plus the Magnum Powers intake, 76mm MAF, bigger throttlebody, and Inlet plenum and possibly a raised top, how would my car react? This will be a daily driver, so would I have to be worried about my bottom end going south? I guess what I'm asking is...will my bottom end hold up to these mods? Forgot to mention that I'll have to get bigger injectors too. Thanks!!

No...

You should be more than OK...And with the mod list you have scoped out for the car now and in the future I would say that your stock inj's will be fine.

Brad

1/4 mile times...

You can only get these at the track obviously...But if you keep reading threads you will realize that some guys can do very little and get sweet track times and others can put loads more money and mods in there car and do not so well...So it is a tough Q to throw out there...

An Optamistic number would be lower 14's

But you could very well find yourself in the high 14's to low 15's...

Brad

Back