I need part#, M5R2 7 tooth speedo gear yellow

Vernon

Hint: it's not E7TZ-17285-B, evidently tailshaft diameter is another key difference between our tranny and the M5OD.

Does anybody have this number handy? I got to the point when I go from taking apart to putting together and got stalled. I need it asap so I can get this car back onto the road (need groceries). Fast Ed, anyone?

The stock spec 8 tooth drive gear is E8TZ-17285-C, green.

Thanks, Vernon

I got a used purple one in mine from a tranny shop. I think F150s or something had the 7s, I forget. I just showed them my old one and they had a few around I think.

Vernon, I'll see if I can come up with a part number for that tomorrow when I'm back to work.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Thanks Ed, I knew you were the man for the job. I've sent everything I know about it to your work email earlyer.

Vernon

I had 3:73s, now I want 2:73s back in (have 3:08s presently), but I have to pull the extension housing to swap it over:rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch Ed, I owe you one. Jeff was able to relay the # to me through the phone this morning so I could get it coming. Should have it tommorrow and it's raining tonight anyways so no big loss.

By the way I tried to order a new set of pressure plate bolts and was told they have been discontinued. My local parts guy said he tried cross referencing for other applications but says they all are different. This seems unusual, can you shed any light on this one Ed?

Everybody should check out Ed's web page, his '95 is sweet.

Vernon

Vernon, I will try come up with something on those bolts for you ... but it might not be until Wednesday, as my partner at work is off tomorrow for training all day, so I get to do everything !!

Thanks for the compliment on my Bird, I'm very pleased with the results of the headlight / hood swap and new wheel + tire setup from last spring. Now I just have to get some of the photos I have scanned of my 68 Cougar up on the site as well ... ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Vernon, the number for the bolts is discontinued. They are actually Imperial thread, not metric. Size shows in the Ford hardware catalogue as 3/8 - 16 threads, 31/32 " long, threaded portion is 17/32" long.

cheers
Ed N.

I picked up a set of ARP 3/8" 16 thread bolts (6) from a Pontiac application Part # 130-2201(paid about 7$ cnd), the only difference I see is the ARP sticker will give about 10extra hp and the shoulder area is about 1/16" longer (everything else is the same). I would use blue locktite with them after cleaning out the threads with brake clean and an air gun.

If someone REALLY wants pictures I can take them, I can measure them if anyone wants.

http://store.summitracing.com/productdetail.asp?p=108

http://store.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/arp-130-2201.jpg
arp-130-2201.jpg

Last edited:
Back