Trans kicking out

blackstallion94

Has anyone ever had there auto kick out of gear under high or medium acceleration. I would have no idea of why but it is a 94 with a reconditioned motor with less than 3000 miles on the motor and 80k on the trans.

ok i dont know what year then went to the AODE (4r70W) trans. If your's is an AOD (non-electronic) like my '90, the first thing to check is the TV cable (some think it's a 'kick down' cable) If this is adjusted wrong or broken your trans could do this, but it would also shift very soft. driving it like this will bake your tranny down fast. If you have the 4r70W then it doesnt have a TV cable, it's all electronically controlled, so it could be something in the electronics rather than your tranny being toast. either way if your trans is not already ruined, it will be soon if you keep driving it this way. Ask around your town about a good reputable (usually this means "non-chain" ) transmission shop and have it checked out. If you do need an overhaul, the cheapest price is not always the best deal......

Back