Looking for suggestions on rebuilt...

Svyn

I am going to be rebuilding my 92, SC. I think I had some HG damage ( white smoke for about 20 seconds 10k miles ago ) and as the motor has 156k on it she is due for a rebuild. My time is short to do actual *work* on the car, so I am open to suggestions as far as a rebuild. I would use the car as a daily driver to and from work (about 2 miles now, possibly within 10 miles in the future years). I make road trips (300 miles) once every month, back down to MD to see my parents. I parked her last Thanksgiving (02), and have not done anything with her since. I was thinking about getting a short block from ford, and going that route, or getting a kit and doing it myself. I have a full arsenal of snap-on tools from my father (air conditioned garage), and his hand in helping me through it, first rebuild I have done head to toe. He has done many. I have probably 4-5 days a month that I can travel down there and do the work. I am planning on going down the 25th of May (this month), and pulling the motor and the tranny out. From there, I will send the tranny out locally and have it rebuilt ( first I have to find someone ). Then I would like to take the heads, have them sent to someone who has an idea what needs done, as well as the manifolds. I am looking at $3.5-5k that I can spend. Obviously the larger the amount the more time it will take me to accue. I have around $3.5k in a checking account that I been saving aside for the car. She (the car) is currently stock minus, opened exhaust 2 1/4" downtubes, 3" center, magnaflow res, 2 1/2" dual outs, zr intake, 180 t-stat, fan switch ( low on with ignition, high on with switch). If this buildup can be had for around 3k I will be buying a maf, tb, raised top upon completion. If not I will slowly add boltons as I can. I want the car to be reliable, yet fast ( ha don't we all!). Right now it is and I want to keep it that way. More power is always welcome. Suggestions / questions I would more than appreciate. Thanks

-Dale Clark
92' SC AOD White, "SC YA" Liscence plate.
99' Dodge Durango "4by4"
SC YA

Last edited:
Back