SCCoA Directions Q/A:

Great news George !! I'm sure most everybody in the SCCoA appreciates the time and effort you and Ron have put into this.

Hopefully we are able to talk about this topic a bit while a bunch of us are together at Carlisle.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

George,

That's great news....congrats on purchasing the club. I look forward to working with you in the future and believe that with the items you have outlined (especially financial disclosure) this club will be better than ever.

David

George,

There is nothing more I can say except, thank you (and Ron) and I have full confidence in both of you. I met you at Carlisle last year and you seem like a real class act.

Plus, you're the only one who was able to help me fix my cold start problems - no problems since I fixed it after Carlisle last year!

Jon

P.S., I will be joining as soon as you're ready, George.

Last edited:
Well I can speak for myself when I say I've never joined before, but I definitely plan on joining now.

When can we send in our $15?

Dale

Congrats George - it couldn't have landed in better hands.

However (you knew it was coming, didn't you...), please tell me you didn't pay a lawyer for that purchase contact. Its got more holes in it than my old headgaskets.

In light of the relationship I knw you and Bill share, I highly doubt its shortcomings would ever be an issue, but it pains me to think that someone charged you money to draft it. Either way, good luck, you've got a lot of work to do - why are you wasting time reading this stupid post?! :p

Thanks for all the support. This club has always had a great group of members.

Dale: Dues will be collected as soon as I can get bank accounts, PayPal, etc. setup. I'll make a big post when that time comes.

Russ: Not one penny has been spent on lawyers by me! At least not until we become a not for profit entity. As, you mentioned, the contract is mostly what Bill and I would call a gentleman's agreement. Essentially we won't become a parts vendor and Bill won't become a car club.

I joined in what I guess was the last dues paying year of the club (2002). I'll be looking forward to "rejoining" as soon as everything gets settled down and you tell me where to paypal my money :) As an eventual aside, it'd be really nice if we could get some more "member's only" deals going with various SC vendors.

gldiii said:
Dues will be collected as soon as I can get bank accounts, PayPal, etc. setup. I'll make a big post when that time comes.

This is all great news George, congrats to you and Ron for sure, since I've been hanging out here for the last 5 or 6 years I'll have to cough up the funds now.

Actually, last year, I went to join up and found out what was going on with the dues and the club and such... Just been waiting for the new members stuff to show up...

I'll keep watching... Keep up the good work, the club interest seems to really be growing..

RJ

Congratulations George!

You certainly deserve all the recognition (though not the headaches) of your new "position". I joined almost 6 years ago, in the Bill Hull era and quickly noted how much you contributed even then. My brake upgrades are directly due to your R&D. Thanks again for that. ;)

I also agree Ron should be given credit for his efforts. I went MIA for a few years (kept up my dues), just about the time the new board went on-line. This is a very complex site that's been extremely well maintained. :cool:

A couple of points: Do you really think $15 will be enough? I run (?) my own business and know how incendental expenses creep in. Also, if you decide to get fancy with the CT, I've still got the original CT banner in 300dpi color if you want it. Interesting the things you hang on to. :rolleyes:

Lee

plev72: We certainly will be working on goodies for the members and hopefully assist vendors in developing products that we need.

Lee: The $15 is just a shot to get things going and get members in the door. We actually have Zero members at this point. Dues could change at any point in the future as needed by the club and decided by the membership. I'm trying to defer as many decisions as possible until a legitimate body can run the show.

Back