Sports Car Service Center

plev72

Gave a call to the Sports Car Service Center today, not 100% certain who I talked to, but they were very nice. He said that they'd done an SC before, so he wanted to look through the paperwork and contact the guy to find out what exactly they'd done to it. Will keep you guys informed of the progress of our conversations/the car. I also informed him that we did have our own Arizona "club" now even though we don't officially have a charter yet. Hopefully they'll do wonders for my broken down beast at a good price... then we'll all have a decent Phoenix area connection.

Paul

Good ! Keep us abreast. ( heh, heh, heh i said breast ) that was cool ....

Towed the car in Thursday, got a call today for a $3000 deposit. I mentioned that I was putting a lot of faith in them - particularly considering how much they were charging. He says they are the best in town... I'll be very interested to see them put their work (and guarantee) where my money is ;-) They are supposed to give me a call when the car is apart either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Paul

Went by the shop today. They have the engine out and taken apart. There apparently was quite a bit of water in two cylinders. It was pretty funny, I asked the guy where my engine was and he pointed to an engine rack. I went over to look at it... once you strip down the engine, there really isn't much left. The block is not paticularly large.

Paul

Unfortunately no new news to report. Last word was that the block was being inspected for cracks. Hope they move on it sometime soon as I may be moving out of town in about a month. Looks like I'm going to go with the rods & pistons from the GP when it finally comes together (in the VERY near future), and we are going to be looking to Dr. Fred for the Camgrind and Chip tunes. The shop is planning on doing the headwork themselves. I'll be very interested to see the flow numbers.

Paul

I'd be about ready to bust if i were you....it would be hard to be patient when you know what fun is waiting for you post-rebuild !!
Congratulations on the almost ? job? Horrible having to leave the heat and *******s in az. behind huh ?? Hope it works out for you.

Jeff

UPDATE??

Soooo....What's going on with your car Paul?
Expiring minds want to know.........

If anyone is left and remembers ... car is still in the shop, but finally being done, heads are in process and engine build is underway... maybe one of these days I'll even get it back ;-)

Well, hell!

I was ready to have one of my guys take my 35th to these people to install a Magnum powers FMIC, Mike 38th SC's custom radiator, new valve covers, new motor mounts, and an Art Carr Extreme tranny!

This doesnt speak well for the guys at Sports Car Service...

Transmission aside, the rest of the stuff you want to install is pretty simple and can be done with basic hand tools and a weekend or less if you are so equipped. Perhaps consider talking with http://www.hughesperformance.com/ and see if they can refer someone to do the trans install if they dont want to touch a competiters piece. They are in the Pheonix area.

Paul

Paul, I appreciate the link.

I would love to do the simple install work myself, however it is a little hard to do it from wyoming, while the car is in Phoennix. ;)

Hey now, I still have faith that my car will be done properly... have to keep in mind that the majority of the reason the car sat for so long is that I've been collecting parts for ages...

Only ding I have at this point is that the customer service was a bit of a challenge... but I am not in town either.

Paul

Wrote a nice long e-mail to the shop today. I am still waiting for the engine to be done, although I think it may take a bit longer as the heads are likely going to need to be re-done... the limited flow numbers they provided were only 230@550 intake and 161@550 exhaust - which likely won't be able to meet the stated horsepower goals.

Hopefully I'll have better news in a few days.

Paul

plev72 said:
Wrote a nice long e-mail to the shop today. I am still waiting for the engine to be done, although I think it may take a bit longer as the heads are likely going to need to be re-done... the limited flow numbers they provided were only 230@550 intake and 161@550 exhaust - which likely won't be able to meet the stated horsepower goals.

Hopefully I'll have better news in a few days.

Paul

Paul, it uh, has been a few days..........What's up with your car? Expiring minds want to know.

ROFL, days he says in the politest possible way ;-) The suspension is done (rear airbags, addco sway bars front and rear, group buy springs, new adjustable shocks), gas tank has been pulled for the new fuel pump, heads are done (although I'm not too impressed with the flow numbers), block is done, engine is getting final decking. Engine is supposed to be in the car by Friday (in theory). Funnermost part of this entire thing? I fly TDY to Kansas City tomorrow (Sunday) where I'll be living out of the Embassy Suites for the next two months. After that I'm moving to Maryland. I expect to be back in town for 4 days or so in November and another 2 or 3 first week in December... Oi!

plev72 said:
ROFL, days he says in the politest possible way ;-) The suspension is done (rear airbags, addco sway bars front and rear, group buy springs, new adjustable shocks), gas tank has been pulled for the new fuel pump, heads are done (although I'm not too impressed with the flow numbers), block is done, engine is getting final decking. Engine is supposed to be in the car by Friday (in theory). Funnermost part of this entire thing? I fly TDY to Kansas City tomorrow (Sunday) where I'll be living out of the Embassy Suites for the next two months. After that I'm moving to Maryland. I expect to be back in town for 4 days or so in November and another 2 or 3 first week in December... Oi!

Holy shift! What are you going to be doing in maryland....or are you not at liberty to say? When your car is ready,take care of the bill with the shop and I'll pick it up for you and let you know how it runs! :D I'd do that for you ! J/K
Good luck with all of this.....Never a dull moment eh'?

Back