Need help with these codes

94scnflt

Ok, here is the deal. I keep getting "check engine" lights and a couple of times the car actually died on me, or when I would give it gas it would almost die. After shutting off the car and starting it back up it would run fine. This is not a constant thing, just every now and then I will get one. I can't get a specific time or condition when the light comes on.
I pulled the codes and here are some that I don't understand and need to know what they mean.

167-insufficient throttle posistion sensor charge(KOER)
181-adaptive fuel rich limit reached at part throttle, system lean right side(KOEO)
189-adaptive fuel rich limit reached at part throttle, system lean left side(KOEO)
116-coolant temperature sensor out of range(KOER)

522-Neutral drive switch circuit open (this cleared after the KOER test)
172/136 were the other two codes I got for the car running lean right and left side

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Did you do the dynamic part of the KOER test (goose the throttle at the right time)? If not could be the reason for the code 167. Have you done any other work on your car that could have caused a vac. leak? How does it run other than the CE light?

duffy

I did tap the gas when I got the light, so that could be it. No work had been done that would cause a vacume leak. The car idles smooth and runs strong, no bucking, hesitation, or missing. Thanks for the help.

Back