Pulling Engine/Trans top or bottom?

vancouverBC

I need to pull an SC engine & 5sp trans and evetually the whole driveline and was wondering if anyone had dropped the sub-frame to pull the engine & trans? I've always pulled engines out from the top with a cherry picker but thought it might be a good time to try from the bottom b/c of our sub-frame setup. Its a parts car so I don't have to worry about putting it back together.
Thanks in advance.

I did it this way. It's not too bad. I dropped the entire front end out of one car, and rolled it over to another car and lowered the car on top of it. The only thing I removed was the intercooler, and I don't know if that was really necessary. I even left on the factory y pipe. If you have the ability to raise the car then I say go for it.

Cool, Thanks for the reply. Now, did you have to do anything with the drive shaft, gas tank, or diff? Or were you able to just pull it forward? I'm just wondering if I should start at the diff and work forward or from the front leaving that stuff for later? Thanks

It's kind of a balancing act I guess. I kept the driveshaft connected so I didnt lose fluid from the tranny. But I don't remember if the tank was still in or not. It was only 13 years ago! LOL

Back