what tb and maf to get?

Easy....

Jus get a 75MM Tbody and a 76MM C&L MAF and you will prolly never grow out of it...

No harm done if you are not maxxing out the flow of these parts...Although your money may be better spent elsewhere...Still good mods though...Since I don't know what you have already done I can't really say much more...

Brad

mods

What would be a good mod to start with on a pure stock (virgin :p ) '89 Merc Cougar XR-7 SC?

Can someone give me a list of good mods in the order they would do them in, and maybe a cost estimate for each one? I'd rather listen to the words of experiance, rather than just randomly do things.

Thanks,
Chris

Exhaust, by no question should be your first modification or the HG monster will appear. Like Alex said, then go to town........Intake is ALWAYS a good way to start.

Intercooled89xr,
Go with a 75MM Tbody and at least a 73 or even better a 76MM C&L MAF.....after exhaust.....intake is next!!

Calvin

Last edited:
#1 Exhaust -to free up the back pressure on the heads you dont want to replace head gaskets #2 Raised Top - to allow your blower to run cooler and free up the pressure that is built up due to a major restriction. #3 Intercooler - to allow your blower to run more efficient and drop the heat and 3.5 lbs back pressure that your stock intercooler has. #4 75mm maf& 75mm throttle body this should be enough air for most engine combinations probably good to 400 hp also good time to upgrade to larger injectors. #5 Upgraded blower for more flow and improved exit air temps #6 EEC-Tuner to allow all of the mods to work on your set up.Just a guideline,this is what i think would be good to follow!

Back