What a Day

• Thread starter Distinguished Dat2k1
  • Start date
D

Distinguished Dat2k1

What a Day

Well, it started this morning at around 7:15 when I got to work and noticed that someone had performed a magnificent "Hit and Run". The driver side door has a dent in it that puts the Grand Canyon to shame, smeared with blue paint. I assume its from my girlfriend's neighbor who drives a blue minivan because I was parked on her street last night across from his driveway. I have no idea why I didn't notice it last night when I got into my car or even this morning when I actually had to look down to punch in my code....I guess I was tired so I didn't notice till I got to work.

Then I got to work only to find out I was working outside all day. Which wouldn't have been so bad if it were acting like Spring outside, but no, we had to get snow in April.....couldn't have snowed when it was supposed.....2 months ago!

On my way home from work, some ass decided to stop in the middle of Lakeshore to talk to a friend on the sidewalk....so SMACK! I rear ended him. So be it, I now need a new headlight, side marker, front bumper, driverside door and hood.

TODAY SUCKS!

Re: What a Day

AARGH !!!!

That really sucks !

Guess I won't complain about my sunburned forehead from being outside all day Sunday.

That's aweful! At least you have a place to vent.

It is makes you feel any better, I got my first speeding ticket in three years going 76 in a 50, 3 demerit points to add to my other 6. THAT was a day.

Bill,

...and you didn't even have the SC to drive at the time?! They may have clocked you at 95 in that 50 zone if your T-Bird was on the road right now, eh?!

Who pays your car insurance anyways? ;)

DistinguishedDat2k1,

I guess that makes two of us looking for a new hood.

Best regards,

Uh oh, Bill ... 9 points ... isn't that when they call you in for the dreaded INTERVIEW ?? Not that I would know from personal experience. :)

cheers
Ed N.

Naturally, there is more to the story. I was going for shock value! ;)

The cop brought it down to 65 in a 50, no points.

Also, my cop buddy is looking into it tomorrow, and assured me he would "take care of it" :cool:

I was distracted at the time, otherwise I would never have been going that fast in the Explorer. I know it's a speed trap, I run it every day. I guess it was my time. I was hoping I could save getting caught for the T-Bird!

I have never been even pulled over in the Bird, I guess the radar doesn't work over 200! :p

I'm soory to hear about your misfortune but everyone always asks me about rust work .well now I always say i'm a collision man so if you need to get it fixed talk to me tomorrow night and we do work for over 30 different insurance companies so talk to me I can fix you up in a hurry.rental cars what ever you need ,I've been there for 22 years!

I've got all the parts you need, the only problem is they are balck. Sean that reminds me if you really need a hood my black one is available.

Sean,

I would take the opportunity to grab Sebestians hood if I were you, I'm sure he'll be fair about the price.

just a word of advice,if you want the job to look proper,have the insides of the parts painted before you put them on the car,like under the hood and the inside of the fender edges . So many people put the parts on the car and think we can paint the inside of the parts later wich is almost impossible.And the bumper should be painted off the car and put on after! This is so your edges are done right and the paint doesnt peel.We have to guarentee our work for as long as you own your car! Any questions about body or paint ask me.

Thanx Greg and Sabby,

My insurance company and I decided on a place that I have a contact at and they will replace all parts needed....THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE! The hood may be repairable, I don't know yet until I take it in. But it looks like it may have to be replaced because the damn thing won't close for one and for 2 the edge that goes over the headlight is folded under which caused a crack in it. Now I feel like I'm driving a POS....smashed front end....smashed door panel...cracked beyond repair front bumper cover....busted lights.

Greg, I wish I had known that you did body/collision work before my agent sent out the claim....i need some body work done too and maybe we could have "fixed" the quote to accomodate. If I however do get the rust ptches fixed before I send it in, I will surely let you know and maybe we can work something out over a weekend and some beer.

Back