air bags

Ronald Wendt

kind of off topic. Did the later SC's have air bags?

Does anyone know is it illegal to not replace air bags if you have an accident and they blow? My 17 year old managed to get into a 3 car deal on the expressway and both blew. It was not that hard of a hit and she is ok. But boy are they expensive and since I had no collision on the car its going to come out of my pocket. She always wears her seatbelts so I don't think she will be in any real danger or anything. And I can always get them replaced at a later date if she can lay off sucking any and all money I might have out of my wallet and bank account.

Ron

The SC's that didn't have air bags had automatic seatbelts. I don't believe it would be illegal to drive without the passive restraints functioning.

Note that if you are getting an Air Bag discount on your insurance, that you would need to remove that if the Air Bags are non-functional.

I will look into the insurance thing but I don't think it has the air bag discount. I just don't want to be in trouble over not putting them in now.

I thought automatic belts were just a 91 thing? I took mine off and got parts from a Canadian SC to convert it over to the old style belts.

Ron

Back