Easy Resonator ?

MartianBob

I just received a Magnaflow resonator for my 94 SC 5 speed. I cant wait to put it on. It has single in/out tubes just like the stock res. and the diameters are the same as stock.
I know this sounds dumb but can I just get some new clamps and bolt this thing on myself, or do I have to get it welded on? How much $ for this roughly.
I've never done any exhaust work, I can't tell if the orignonal res. is welded on or not?

thanks for the advice.
Cheers
Bob

PS. I just changed the driver side motor mount last weekend, the only thing I had to take off was the wheel. I'm going to do the passenger side this weekend then post the details for both.

get some kind of a cut off tool. I prefer to use a 7" angle grinder because it will cut the whole way through the old pipe in a clean cut if you start out with a new cutting disk. if you go with clamps you'd most likely needs sleeves also to slip over the the resonator pipes and the stock exhaust pipe. i personally wouldn't worry about welding it unless you have trouble getting it to seal up without any leaks but many people prefer not to use clamps.

If welded, a suggestion would be to keep a joint somewhere behind the resonator in case you need to drop the tranny or pumpkin later. you won't have to drop the whole exhaust taht way if you are only doing work in the front or back of the car.

Jeff

Back