Replaced all sensors, still car dies on me

Dutch Bird

Hi there,

I have a problem that my car every now and than dies on me or starts sputtering heavily. I have replaced all sensors like cam, crankshaft etc and DIS module.

The problem only seems to occur during outside temperatures higher than 59 degrees Fahrenheit. Through out the winter everything went well and since the temp has risen above the 59 the problem occurs again.

Anybody any idea what it might be?

Thanks for the advice.

Remko, The Netherlands

Check for vacuum leaks. In particular around the intercooler tubes. Mine did the same thing and it ended up being a vacuum leak in my lower IC tube where it mates with the inlet plenum (to lower intake manifold). Use something like propane or starter fluid to check for leaks. Spray it around the joints and if there is a change in idle, that is where the leak is.

Did you check the fuel filter? Check the fuel pressure at the rail with a gauge to see if your fuel pump is supplying enough fuel. Also, check the ACT (Air Charge Temperature) Sensor, its the one on the driver's side of the blower by the bypass valve (I think its in the return plenum or on one of the IC tubes) closest to the brake fluid reservoir.

Al

Back