Maybe Noise is from loose belt?

mikey

I have recently changed the pulley on my blower, umong other things! New gaskets all over, rebuilt heads, the works,(but kept all factory, except pulley) Now, i'm sure my timing is set properly, and everthing is in top notch condition(except snout seal(what a damn mess)) My pulley is 10% smaller and my belt is a little bit looser, just alittle! Now I've run some tests and everything seemed good until i gave it some pedal(under load)! I here a noise(clattering).-Olny Under Load!
So what i did was take off my belts for the blower and drove!!
The noise was gone!!! I put the belts back on, the noise is back!!! So I took the blower off, took it apart and had a look, it was perfect so's i put it back on. A (ford):confused: mechanic told me it's predetination, but i don't think so! I've reset my timing 5x's now, and every time it's the same old.:mad:
So Now i'm thinking maybe it's just simple, belt slippage!! It's olny 7a.m. so I havn't tried yet!
Any thoughts would help!!!!!!

It's not that i'm changing my timing, i'm reseting it with my crank at 26 degrees ATDC of commpression, and my syncro in position w/ tool!!!(what a pain in the a@#)

Last edited:
clattering

how is it that you are changing your timing,do you have an EEC tuner?Knock sensor should prevent detonation anyway.Sounds like the SC bearings.

I have seals for the blower. The chattering can be the coupler in the blower snout I have something to fix that also.

Back