Rear suspension pop!!

Jimmy 2Coupes

SCCoA Member
I have been getting a pop noise from the rear driver side of my 95 SC when going over uneven surfaces and sometimes when turning. I haven't had a chance to really look into it yet but it's time so if some of you guy's that have delt with this can give my some insight as to what my be causing this I'd really appreciate any advise I can get. :)

BTW, I put some H&R springs and an 1 1/4" Addco sway bar on the rear about three years ago with the shorter end links for a lowered car but the popping has just started within the last six months or so. Could it have something to do with the sway bar?

Last edited:
Usually when I have messed with anything on my car and something goes wrong, I go back to the thing that I did and fix it! No, you're probably right. First check your sway bar install for any signs of problems. If none are found, then I would say it's the shocks. I had what I called at the time a "thunk"ing sound coming from the right rear. I got the 1.5" drop with new Tokico shocks all the way around and walla....no more "thunk"ing. I guess it also sounded like a pop if I went over a series of quick bumps in the road, so my guess is it's shocks.

What is it with the drivers rear shocks? My '89 had 243,000 miles on it and all the shocks were good except for the rear drivers side shock leaking. Now my '90 with 90,000 miles has a leaking drivers side rear shock?

popping

My 98 F-150 had that problem also come to find out that ford puts a synthetic lubricant in the rear-end when this breaks down the clutch-packs inside start to stick and this is where the popping was coming from. All I did was change the fluid and add more synthetic lube and the problem went away.

Back