auto to five speed can it be done ????

got-sc?

ok so i asked around and rebuilding my sc is my best option so im going to do just tht but what i want to do is make my sc a five sped what is the cost that i am looking at for a tranny or can i use a t-5 tranny from a mustang ? if not what is the cost that i am looking at cause i know im going to spend about 1500 to get my engine rebuilt but i might as well go for a five speed now that i am at it? anybody selling a good five speed tranny ?? would i have to change the computer? if so where can i get one?? please help?

Anything can be done, and so can this, but it is a major headache. Using a T-5 is even more of a headache than using the M5R2. What you need is the brake and clutch pedal assemblies, flywheel, clutch, trans, shifter, driveshaft, all the hydraulic parts, and the center console for the 5-speed. I see no reason why you would need to change the computer. One other thing is that the auto has a 3.27 rear and the 5-speed had I believe a 2.97 rear, so it will be like you put 3.73's in your auto unless you change the rear gears. If you are going to do it yourself be prepared for a lot of work, and if you are going to have someone else do it, be prepared to pay a lot of money. Your probably best off getting a 5-speed parts car that has been wrecked instead of just buying all the parts seperately.

What year is the car? I thought the computer controlled the shift points and speed limiter on 94/95 automatics. So would you just re-program the computer or leave it as is? Thanks
A friend just swapped the M5R2 into his 91XR7 5.0 and it runs & shifts great, he said the hardest part was drilling the holes for the clutch peddle. Good luck

Yes the 94/95 have computer controlled shift points, and all autos have a speed limiter. A T-5 is a headache because of it's length, using one will put the shifter about 4" too far forward. It has been done though.

Back