P Steering fluid cooler??

lessonintorque

Im under my car and I think It was suposed to have a oil cooler of some type for the psteering. I dont have one, is that ok or is is gonna be a problem? I have an 89, did they not come with one or was it removed by some dumba$$ before I had it? Maybe it doesnt matter im not sure. Thanks.:confused:

i dont think it will hurt to not have it. but it is probly there u just dont see it. it is really small and if u are looking at the front of the car it should be on the left side of the radiator at the bottom. look under the ground effects and i bet u will see it. or u could follow the power steering lines off the power steering pump and they should run near the left side of the radiator. But i guess if u dont find it just make sure your power steering works fine. but let me know what u find out. i know all about this cooler cause i recently just patched a small hole in mine. hope this helps
Matt

its not there

ive looked where the scematic says it should be, no dice. Another quick question, do I have to drop the ps rack to replace the high pressure hose? Im not sure and besides its all really loose< is as if someone just put it back on after working on it and didnt fasten in down. Thanks for the reply, Thats why this is the best forum ive ever been on!

hey
i dont know the answer to that question. sorry :( but i am sure someone else on here does and they will be able to help u out.
Matt

yeah that one i dont know. i tried to look in my SC manual and it doesnt say anything about changing the power steering lines. which was kinda weird to me haha looks like i need a better manual. but somone will help ya with it. this site is great for that.
Matt

Back