Aluminum Flywheel Problems?

Ripvanbl

Has anyone that runs an aluminum flywheel had problems with them? ie. eating up your clutch faster than normal, slippage, or worse, breaking? Basically how is the durability of these things?

No issues with any of that. There simply is no downside to an aluminum flywheel in our application.

Sweet, that is what I want to hear :D! Still, more input from more people would make me happy (not that I don't trust you, just for peace of mind ;)).

No issues with any of that. There simply is no downside to an aluminum flywheel in our application.

Vernon

I've been running around in my '95 5-speed for almost a year now with a McLeod Aluminum Flywheel and a Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch. No problems at all.

I too have had the Mcleod Al one for just about a year, with the Luk clutch. No problems. Yes it has a steel friction surface for the clutch, that I beleive is replacable if you send the flywheel back to Mcleod. It is also SFI approved, as Duffy was mentioning.

I am not sure how many miles the rest of these guys drive, but My SC is the daily driver. Approximately 50 miles a day, if that makes you feel any better.

Back