It's driving me CRAZZZZY!!!!!!!

mikey

Maybe it is a detination Problem, i'm going crazy!!!
I've just rebuilt my heads up and out!!! New gaskets all over, valve lapping, sent heads to be tested & resurfaced(he took off very mininum& tested perfect), the olny thing i didn't touch was the block & tranny(besides fluids). I've put new o-rings on injectors and a 10% od pulley on blower!

Now i have a problem that at a really high boost(approx over 8-9psi) i get a noise:confused:

I've run tests with Cunuck Tire bought Ford Decoder Module! With KOEO tests Systems OK
With KOER test, I get #41--"Fuel Injectors Out Of Balance"

I take off the belts for the blower, and the nosie goes away no matter how much I give'er:confused:

I am almost ready to tear the whole thing down, and recheck all my work, or do I just have to get my EEC retuned,
but I have a "Hypertech Ford Power Programmer", and it makes noise with or w/o the programmer!

Somebody, Pleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeee Help Me!!!

I'll check(anything's worth it)

Thanks for the thought, I labelled everything proper and double checked, but i'll check again!!!!

thanks!!!

Mike

driving me CRAZZZZY!!!!!!!

Do you have EGR? If so, it may be causing the problem and is easier to fix than tearing everything down. I forgot to re-install a little silicone hose going from the EGR pipe to the transducer and got that never ending detonation. Good luck

Mike

Start by pulling the chip...then remove the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes to reset the EEC. Start it and let it run for a few minutes to re-learn idle... then go for a drive.

If still getting detionation leave the chip off and try pulling the octane plug to retard more timing. I think it pulls about 4 degrees and should stop the detonation if that is what your hearing.

The hypertech chip adds a couple degrees of timing and with the extra boost from installing a 10% pulley it wouldn't be unusual to get detionation. If your fuel pump is the original, it may not be able to keep up with the higher pressure required when boost is increased. You will need to test that with a guuge while engine is under a load.

BTW, You do have 91 or higher octane gas in the tank don't you ?

David

Re: driving me CRAZZZZY!!!!!!!

vancouverBC said:
Do you have EGR? If so, it may be causing the problem and is easier to fix than tearing everything down. I forgot to re-install a little silicone hose going from the EGR pipe to the transducer and got that never ending detonation. Good luck

I've gone over every little hose and wire, the olny wire that doesn't go anywhere is the one along the wiring harness for the fuel injectors(i've been told by a ford tech this clip is for the EFI)When everything is put together it sit bare right behind the plenum!!!! I am 99.9% sure when I took my baby apart this clip was bare?

But I will check my EGR, and I did tear down to my valve covers yesterday, I too k off drive side cover to have a look at my rockers and push rods, everything looked perfect so I put'er back together, like i said" it's driving me crazzzzy"

David Neibert said:
Mike

Start by pulling the chip...then remove the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes to reset the EEC. Start it and let it run for a few minutes to re-learn idle... then go for a drive.

If still getting detionation leave the chip off and try pulling the octane plug to retard more timing. I think it pulls about 4 degrees and should stop the detonation if that is what your hearing.

The hypertech chip adds a couple degrees of timing and with the extra boost from installing a 10% pulley it wouldn't be unusual to get detionation. If your fuel pump is the original, it may not be able to keep up with the higher pressure required when boost is increased. You will need to test that with a guuge while engine is under a load.

BTW, You do have 91 or higher octane gas in the tank don't you ?

David

Hi Dave, it's Mike
Thanks for the time!!! Sounds like you know the SC well!!! That's great! A Few days ago, I took apart the blower to see, and it checked out perfect, Yesterday I tore down to the drive side valve cover, just to have a look and see what kinda shape everything was in(rockers,push rods)and it was as I left it 2 weeks ago, perfect! I checked plugs, they were great! I had the battery out and reset the EEC and had the chip out, but I've never heard of the octane plug? Where could I find it? It must sense the octane rating?But my octane should be more than fine, I run the ESSO 91+ a Slick50 fuel treatment on a full tank! New Fuel filter! I've talked to other SC owners who've changed olny they're pulley and they say they have'nt had any problems! But I will do a fuel pressure test while under load and see what I get!

Could I ask a Question? In the middle of the wire harness for fuel injectors, there is a wire clip(when put together, it sits above torque converter, behind Plenum)When I took my baby apart I could sware this clip was nowhere(everything was carefully labelled), a Ford Technician told me it's for an EFI engine or a test clip, and I've spent several hours searching on where it could go, and I come up with nothing!
Do you know where I'm talking about?? If so, could you please school me on it, It would really set my mind at ease!!:)

Thanks again for your time!!!

P.S. This site "SCCOA" is the best thing ever to happen to an SC owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to figure out that extra plug. The fuel injector wiring harness at the rear of the plenum, would include a ground wire that bolts to the head, a connector for the ACT sensor, a plug for the EGR transducer, and a plug for the drivers oxygen sensor.

mikey said:

Could I ask a Question? In the middle of the wire harness for fuel injectors, there is a wire clip(when put together, it sits above torque converter, behind Plenum)When I took my baby apart I could sware this clip was nowhere(everything was carefully labelled), a Ford Technician told me it's for an EFI engine or a test clip, and I've spent several hours searching on where it could go, and I come up with nothing!
Do you know where I'm talking about?? If so, could you please school me on it, It would really set my mind at ease!!:)

P.S. This site "SCCOA" is the best thing ever to happen to an SC owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, it is not the "Best" thing. I've been amazed at the misinformation flung around here unchecked recently. Not in this post, but in many others.

TBSCEC Cylinder balance test

Run this test and you should find which cylinder is causing the problem for you. You may have a weak injector from the sound of things.

The wire clip you are speaking of could be one of two things from the explaination. If it is a ring terminal it may be a ground for some of the engine sensors. This sounds obvious, but it has been a problem for more than one person installing a new engine, and it is not on all years. The other possibility is what you heard from the technician. It may be a test connector used to test the engine electronics while on the assembly line. It is useless after the car is built.

maybe you have a vacuum or exhaust leak or higher octane or colder plugs? clogged injector pull them out and check the screen in the top

Last edited:
Back