Hose by plenum *PIC*

iaragon

Does anyone know if this hose can cause rough idle and if it is sold by someone other than FORD? and the technical name for this hose?

Thanks.

Attachments

• hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 310
If its broken lose or missingin any way, I'd say it would cause a VERY rough idle. Don't know the name of it, but I'm sure Ford will have it for a million dollars or so, and it will take like 3 years to get it.

Alex

Bypass Valve Hose.....yes since it holds vacuum and boost like the IC tubes do, if it's leaking the car will idle bad, if it idles at all. Boost will be leaking so it won't be as high either.

You will also run lean at idle and rich under boost, how much will depend on the size of the leak.

David

If you can't get it from Ford, or it's too expensive, just replace it with a short length of silicone hose, like Purosil. For such a short length it should only be a couple bucks.

Thanks for the input.

Took a ride over to FORD during lunch, that small hose costs $67.40 and will need to be ordered. I'll look into other alternatives. Rough idle problem started after I tightened the clamps after doing a little spot check of other clamps, bolts (valve covers), and what-not. Then the next morning (yesterday)I notice a rought idle at a stop, but ran fine once I got going. Don't know if just coincidence or if I overtightened and ripped the hose. One other thing I noticed today, I rolled down my windows and heard "clanging" from the the catalytic converter on my side and wondered if that could have caused my rough idle and I just didn't hear it because of the radio being on and windows up?? What do you think? Just really odd.. because it was smooth just 2 days ago. Runs great on the highway and has power (with subtle hiss...), although noisy now....

That is a tough (and expensive) little molded hose. It is unlikely that you tore it by tightening the clamps. You can probably also get one off the classified board from one of the many people who sell SC parts. I believe it is the same for all years of the SC.

Thanks. I'll take a look at the classified section.

Any ideas if the bad CAT would cause my rough idle?

It shouldn't cause a rough idle unless it is actively blocking the exhaust outlet.

If you did some tightening and tweaking of things here and there, you might want to just reset your computer and see if it will clear up the idle by itself. Just pull the battery cable off for a good 10 minutes and reconnect it.

i doubt if its the hose unless it looks bad i would unhook battery and try again or clean idle air control

Well, my idle problem was due to a bad Air Charge sensor mounted right by that hose I was talking about. That cured the idle problem I still have a vacuum/air leak somewhere. I've tightend and secured the flanges and thats helped a bit but still can hear a high hiss and low whistle... I'll keep searching.

Back