PDA

View Full Version : reverse valve bodies

ait
05-15-2003, 06:37 PM
hi,
I am looking to buy a reversevalve body and a b&m race shifter for my auto sc.. I was wondering what size the trans mission is if anyone can help me out..

its a 89 sc

and does anyone have suggestions on what valve bodies to buy?

ait
05-15-2003, 09:06 PM
anyone please help...

racecougar
05-15-2003, 11:21 PM
What do you mean by "what size the transmission is"? It's an AOD if that's what you're asking.

-Rod

Thomas A
05-16-2003, 02:09 AM
What do you mean by a "reverse valvebody" ???

And by a "b&m race shifter", do you mean a short through shifter.

If so, then you are looking for a part of an automatic and a 5-speed. I'm confused?? :confused:

Thomas

Kurt K
05-16-2003, 03:06 AM
Thomas: a "reverse valve body" is a modified valve body that changes the shifter pattern. I.E. P-R-N-1-2-3 as opposed to P-R-N-D-2-1. No possibliity to accidently hit neutral.

ait
05-16-2003, 07:09 PM
well the shifter is not a short throw, it is a auto shifter that will allow me to shift it manually without a clutch.

making it P-R-N-1-2-3-D anyone know where i can get one?

Thomas A
05-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Ahh........ okay, Thanks Kurt :) Uh, I've never seen one of those before???? Might ask around on a Mustang board also.

Thomas

ait
05-17-2003, 12:44 AM
i mean is the transmission like a c4 or c5 or something like that?

Please help me out so i can order this stuff.

T-bird4vr
05-17-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by racecougar
It's an AOD if that's what you're asking.

-Rod

ait
05-17-2003, 11:29 AM
ok, but can i get one for an AOD?

racecougar
05-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Why do you need to do this?

-Rod

ait
05-20-2003, 08:03 PM
it'd be different. havent seen this done in a thunderbird before. and its like havin a manual wihtout the clutch so u have power to the wheels at all times.

Brandon
05-20-2003, 08:40 PM
So your looking for a manual valve body? Call up Art Carr.

redknight
07-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Take a look at http://www.lentechautomatics.com/, if that's not the right URL do a search for lentech on yahoo. They have a valve body that changes the three click shift pattern of our AOD's from 1-2\3-4 to 1-2-3\4 with an electronic O\D delete switch for $349. They also have a fully manual which removes automatic operation (mostly intended for race application) for $549 (I think). They have tons of other options including full trans packages. Hope this helps.

David Neibert
07-11-2003, 11:51 AM
and does anyone have suggestions on what valve bodies to buy?

I've never heard of a reverse valve body for and AOD, but if your looking for the best thing out there, get a Lentech street terminator VB with electric OD delete.

Allows shifts manually (up or down) in 1st, 2nd & 3rd and locks out OD for the track. It also has the shift kit built in. In automatic mode (lever in OD) it shifts smooth but firm, when shifted manually it hits the gears about twice as hard.

David

redknight
07-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by David Neibert
I've never heard of a reverse valve body for and AOD, but if your looking for the best thing out there, get a Lentech street terminator VB with electric OD delete.

Allows shifts manually (up or down) in 1st, 2nd & 3rd and locks out OD for the track. It also has the shift kit built in. In automatic mode (lever in OD) it shifts smooth but firm, when shifted manually it hits the gears about twice as hard.

David

:D :D :D
You said it Dave. There's just something about the feel of a "good" shift kit and that extra shove back into your seat as you hit each gear. That setup is definitely in my plans when it comes time for a rebuild. I have a Stage 1 Trans-Go shift kit in my stock AOD and love it. I was surprised how much HP and torque it freed up.