Automatic Ride Control

MSwen22780

Greetings SC owners,

I own an '89SC and I am experiencing problems with my Automatic ride control. When Firm is engaged my front left strut makes a clunking noise which I know it needs to be replaced. Sometimes the Firm doesn't shut off even though the road is fine. I guess I am looking for a way to shut off the Firm until I can afford to fix it or find a good deal on new ones. If there is a way of doing this, help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Mike

Mike there is a soft and a hard relay mounted in the tray in the trunk. Even if you were to set the ride to soft and unplug the switch, it would automatically try to go hard if you turn sharp and such. You might try unplugging the two small relays in the tray to keep things set but you may get a blinking Firm light. I can't remember which relay is hard or soft but they are both small square plug-in relays on the drivers side of the tray at the rear. Once you pull the tray down at the drivers side, you can see where they are on the main harness in there. Sorry I can't help further but it's a start, I suppose.

Good luck.

Back