Decision MADE! (well, sort of...)

P

Phil Rohtla

Decision MADE! (well, sort of...)

Well everyone, last night I fixed my tranny problems by buying a 1998 SVT Contour. Mileage was higher than I wanted, but it has extended warranty to 120K, and it is nealry spotless. Really clean, pretty silver car (wish it was black), lots of room. And the a/c works!!!!

Now, do I hot rod the SC, or sell it (Still a sweet ride everyone! Any takers?). I am leaning towards selling because it helps me pay off the SVT. Then I can decide what to do at my leisure. Thanks again!:cool:

Re:Decision MADE! (well, sort of...)

What year is it and how much are you asking?
I am not in the market for one right now but it would still be nice to know what I can expect when I am in the market looking for one. Also what exactly is the problem with the tranny on the SC?

re. sc

Hey Phil, if your selling the car let me know. Depending on the price, perhaps I'd make it a project car. I'm about an hour out of Ottawa. E-Mail: jennlalo@NRTCO.NET

Re:

In answer to the questions, it is an 89 5 speed, painted like an Anniversary edition (by previous owner), burgundy cloth (just fixed the drivers' seat too) 185K, only one winter (this one) everything works except the AC (hole in condenser) and the third gear synchro is pooched. Just had the master cylinder, slave cylinder and clutch disc done at great expense. Summer and winter tires, both less than 8 months old.

As for price, I don't know yet. I need to get my money back from the repairs, and it is in good shape given it's age (I get lots of compliments on it). I have to do some thinking. I am still driving it until I get the SVT and everything is taken care of, and I might decide to make it a project myself (just something about big, fast cars that I love). I'll post if I am selling.

Re: Re:

You bought a go-kart, sweet I always liked those cars and infact I thought about buying one.

The thing I ended up buying is pretty nice though. 250hp - 345lb.ft torque bone stock, she's a little heavy but the 3.92 gears seem to make up for that. Can anyone guess what I bought? W.Koski is not allowed to answer! Remember its bone stock with the afformentioned parts. Oh yeah and in stock trim this bad boy can outhandle a newer F bod or newer stang which is surprising when you figure out what I'm driving. Les has an big clue as to what it is.

Start a thread so that you can give clues and we can guess. First tell us a range of model years, and import or domestic.

Sorry, I must have had a brain cramp.

Definetly a Lightning. (Except in snow!)

Sorry guys... Lightnings have a little more than 250 HP even bone stock!

I'd say it's got to be a V8, 'cause I can't think of many V6's making that kind of power bone stock (not even our beloved SC's).

And 3.92 gears??? Bone stock??? Sounds like something that winds out nicely?!

Any more clues, Sebastien?

Cheers,

Sean

hm

The high torque, high gear, moderate horsepower makes me think of a 5.4L F150, or some competing gas engine pickup with a trailer tow package.

Re: Decision MADE! (well, sort of...)

Phil make sure to get your SVT owner certificate. Though you did not buy it new you can still write them and they will give you an owners certificate.

Also your 'tour doesn't have the same straight line potential as the SC. I suggest you enjoy the ride and keep the SC as a project car.

Straight lines

Well, I am not much on drag racing (no offense to anyone intended, just not my cup of tea), but I am seriously considering keeping it. I just HATE the burgundy interior (again, no offense). The big hitch will be space: I might buy a terrace home that would give me a single parking spot. That, and I would need a fixed tranny. I could see it all black, SVTs or Ronals (Like Kenne Bell uses), with a few mods to make it more "entertaining.......' ;)

Re: Straight lines

You'll find it quite costly to mod the tour motor, thats the only weakness of those cars, aside from that they handle amazingly.

Back