Need tranny work anyone?????

G

Greg Coleman

Need tranny work anyone?????

My budy isn't busy right now and is willing to rebuild any tranny for a verry reasonable price.He usually rebuilds them and puts in what ever they need for the price of the parts plus a couple hundred bucks for his trouble.He prefers if the trannies are out and he will come and pic them up,and deliver.He's not a fly by night guy,and he knows what he is doing,he works for GM in north york and he knows a couple of mods he can do to the trannies so they shift better and it makes them stronger.He has done 3 trannies for me and so far so good!! Let me know,he's not always not buisy.

Re: Need tranny work anyone?????

Greg,

I've got a spare M5R2 that I'd like to have rebuilt. Right now I have other things that require that I part with money... like repairing or replacing my dented hood, but I'd be interested in seeing what it would cost me to have your buddy do a rebuild to my spare tranny. Does anyone know what it typically costs for new synchros, seals, etc.???

Cheers,

Sean

Greg,
I'd also like some idea of a T5 rebuild. 3rd gear syncro is gone. Would really appreciate an estimate.

thanks,
keith

I will ask and I know he will need to look inside to see what is wrong to price parts other than a reseal kit which is standard

Oh man I have all the parts including a new tail shaft seal....problem is where the hell can I pull the tranny and let her sit until it's done....

hey Les,
You can't let your sweet ride sit. Buy a pooched tranny, get it fixed, then do the swap on the weekend.

keith

Les, apparently he does have a place he can re&re the tranny he is just worried about r&i the exhaust system and running into any problems with that.I'm going to phone him today and ask him ,if you know there will be no problems with the exhaust then let me know and I will tell him that.Right now he is doing 2 other friends of myn's trannies.

The exhaust was off last year Greg and has new manifold studs plus mine breaks in the middle right behind the resinator.

Maybe you can ask him and see what he says.

Thanks

Back