power steering

marrart

went to autozone and ran the code checker and it came up 52 which is "power steering pressure switch circuit open". has anybody had to deal with this code yet and if so, where do i start? thanks. art

on mine the sensor is in the steering hose right behind the pump is it plugged in or bad sensor when my sensor was unplugged my steering was to touchy at highway speeds

Last edited:
POWER STEERING

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. THERE IS A CONNECTOR ON THE DRIVERS SIDE OF THE PUMP. ITS PLUGGED IN BUT I DONT KNOW IF THATS THE ONE IM AFTER OR ONE MOUNTED SOMEWHERE ELSE. FORD DEALER SAID HE SHOWS ANOTHER PLUG MOUNTED SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT HE DIDNT KNOW. ART

There is only one switch/valve and it is located in a fitting on the drivers side of the pump appearing to be screwed into the plastic part of the pump. (It actually screws into a fitting on the pump behind the plastic).

Open would mean infinite resistance, or an broken or open wire somewhere. It might be possible the switch has failed. If so, you should find that you have high levels of assist all the time. Steering might seem floaty. The switch is used to regulate fluid flow based on various inputs including road speed, brake application, and rate of turn.

Start with looking at the wires. Check the connector. yep, it's a pain as the stuff is buried.

Back