Borla, Flowmaster or Magnaflow

Kirk Bryan

Hi guys,

Sorry to beat a dead horse. But, does anybody know where I can find some accurate stats on exhaust and cats without going to the manufacturers sites; they tend to be a bit biased. I'm getting a custom exhaust system done, so I want to know what to go with. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

I Dunno

I dunno where you can get unbiased info on the exhausts but I have the Flowmaster force II and it runs and sounds really great:D ...By the way I like your rims:rolleyes:

Rick in FL:cool:

I have the force II with a magnaflow res. I noticed a definate power gain this year from last. It sounds good too. On the highway you don't get the "drone" like you do with some, nice and quiet. If you hard accelerate it almost sounds like a V8. I'm really happy with it, Best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned...Bill

Check this out.

http://members.tripod.com/~racetruck/muffler.html

I'm going with three borla mufflers because I've been impressed with every borla muffer I've ever heard. Not loud at idle, no droning, and nice deep rumble with some "purr" at high rpm. I'm getting my exhaust done next week so I can give you some better feedback after that.

BTW, there is a Borla Pro XS dealer in Surrey BC. This is the only dealer for this line in Canada. Even after shipping the mufflers are cheaper than anything you can buy in TO.

Kirk,
sorry to change the topic but I have some thing to ask the guys with the Flowmaster force II how did you get it to sound good. Because I have that kit but it does not sound good.
Thanks Jason

Kirk if you want to hear the flowmaster you can at the next meet.

It all depends on what your looking for. I hate flowmasters on a mustang they sound ratty, I've always put MAC 2.5 on my stangs but Mac doesn't offer a system for our cars. At first i was running with no mufflers but my wife said it sounded like a 17 yr olds car that couldn't afford exhaust. Dynomax sounds like they belong on a grand marquis. and borla is way too exspensive for me. It's a V6 theres only so much you can do...Bill

I had a flowmaster cat back on my 89SC with no cats and no resonator. It sounded like a 2 stroke dirt bike. You must have some type of resonator to get rid of the raspi ringing from the V6 with the flowmasters. Flowmaster does offer a resonator to go with their cat back, or you might consider something like the magnaflow or borla 2-into-1 type mufflers to use as a resonator.

If you keep the cats

If you keep your cats the car will be a little buzzy with the force II Flowmasters and you can mello it some with the Magnaflow resonator...but your never gonna get a V-8 sound from it though...Mine with the cats and Force II duels without a resonator sounds fine...I like that you can hear the SC through the pipes...It's really all a matter of preference, just remember this "IS" a V-6...can't make a V-8 out of it no matter what you do:D
Rick in FL:cool:

It's hard to say online what sounds good and what doesn't. Sound preference is too individual. I love my Flowmaster catback (with the resonator). Not obnoxious, nice at idle and all other times. On the interstate today I loved listening to it. Not loud, no drone, just a presence. Sounded strong and solid, nice background sound to listen to. Someone put up a link to a Magnaflow setup the other day, I was kind of surprised at how similar it sounded to my setup. I don't think it flows the best, due to smaller pipe size, but for an SC with only minor bolt on mod's it's probably all I'll need.

Back