crossover exhaust system

dvruger

I'm told they make a crossover exhaust system for the SC simular to the one made for the Mustang. Does anybody have any information on this exhaust system, who makes it, and is it worth it. I'm looking to improve to flow for future mods, and would like a nice sound to it also. Not loud, but not something that sounds like a luxury sedan either. This car curently has stock exhaust on it from engine back.

none that I've heard of, the only kits sold are from Flowmaster, Borla, and Dynomax (a little tweaking). Just go with ported manifold collectors to dual in-dual out (big) muffler (resonator) to tailpipes. Keep the pipes at 2 1/4 and tips at 2 1/2 and it won't be too loud. Works like an X pipe and more than enought flow, much more than stock, for many future mods.

Just want to replace the stock headlights with new ones, not different ones. Mine are kinda disscolored and ugly in my opinion. I found someplace that offers replacements and clear sidemarkers that I want to buy, just have to find the site again. :mad:

i was thinking about adding a crossover tube when i get my exshaust done, somewhere behind the trans crossmember.

I read somewhere that the crossover tubes found on V8s are not really needed on our V6 cars because of the pulse pattern and lack of pulses thereof, as well as not flowing as much. Two cylinders firing at one time or something, so I am thinking that a 2-1-2 system (or long resonator) will speed up the flow, and scavenge the exhaust from the cylinders quicker. That's why 4-bangers need a single pipe system to retain, like, torque and stuff. Add a couple cylinders and you get 2-1-2, add a couple more and you get true dual. But I guess there are variations to the rules, ask a Ford GT engineer, they can tell you all about that stuff.

and I stayed up too late posting again.

Back