body rust question

trwnum2

this may not be the right forum for this but ill give it a shot;

i have a quarter sixe rust bubble in one of my doors, how much do you think an average body shop would charge for fixing this?

is it possible to fix it my self and get it painted; if so how would i do this on the cheap to moderate priced side?

rust

I had a few of those on my car, and watched the body man fix them. I could have done it, but there was a lot of bodywork and i want the car to be as close to perfect as i can get. You have to grind it down untli you remove most of the cancer-lol, then, use a body hammer or a hammer and a screwdriver to indent the area to repair a bit-next, buy some duraglass-its like bondo but waterproof and adheres better, but coarsers, and put that over it. sand it down until its almost level, but further down than the rest of the door, then use a layer of body filler over that. after that use a good primer, making sure to feather in the surrounding area., and prime a section about 2-3" or so. then paint it yourself or have it painted-overall, if your paints faded it may not match-my whole cars getting painted. good luck.

Back