Long tube headers

rplaster

Anyone have these on their car? I am considering putting them on my car but i would like to hear from someone who already has them.

I have them on my car, what is it you want to know about them? They help the car haul azz.

Vernon

I run them

I have Kooks long tube headers.
We tested them on the flow bench and they flow great even length tubes helps the performance a bunch

There easy to instal one thing do not use header gaskets on them dont need any use good grade header bolts as well

They are worth the money ;)

flow bench? does that work on headers, a 1" long primary out of the side of the head will flow like crazy but you'll lose power:confused:

Thanks for the info guys. As long as they work and fit great and make my car go faster i'll be happy. One more question, where do the oxygen sensors go on the long tube headers?

I put mine

I had bungs welded on.
They dont come with them on I had mine welded in the center of the collectors facing out toward the frams rails works good and there out away from the trans pan area.

its best to mount them find the center where they are in the right area mark it and drill and have the 02 sensor bungs welded in place you have to lengthen the wire harnes on the O2 sensors an easy fix to do.

They are a nice performance gain ;)

Last edited:
Alright, morale obligation to jack this thread with a related question (didn't feel like creating a new one) ... Coated, or uncoated?? Also, how drastic a difference between long tubes and ported stock manifold (I know, I should probably do a search)

Paul

Paul coated headers

You want coated only!
The reason is the coating keeps the heat in the headers and less heat in the engine bay big differance.the long tube headers are a big performance gain over stock ported manifolds.

We flowed a long tube header with my 11.911et heads it was a big gain I tryed my stock ported manifolds I ran 13.088et with lost a lot in flow big drop.

If your looking for just street and track ported stock is ok but you start making big power you want long tube headers for max performance Kook's are the best

Last edited:
again

ive heard around that ported stock maifolds will give you about 90% of the performance of headers. most have said ported is fine until like jim said, you start making big power, like way over 300,,
-damon

Damon is right on the money, Jim ran a 11.911 then tried ported stock manifolds and only ran a 13.088. So once and for all for those who don't get it.

13.088 / 11.911 = 91%

So it's only worth just over a second in the quarter.

Damon, do you get it?

LMAO

Vernon

I think when I've written it, it's been that it will give you 90% of the benefit of headers.

The stock manifolds, when ported, are sufficient for those that are not struggling for that 99.999% of performance out of the engine.

But when you get guys like those racing for the top 10 on the SCCOA fastest list, 90% just isn't enough.

I don't know if Jim has posted his HP and Torque numbers yet, but I'm sure they are well over 300hp.

Back