Open to Suggestions!!!!!!

mikey

I am currently having a problem where I am hearing a noise at a boost over 7psi. It has been suggested from many that it is a detination problem, I've just installed a 10% od pulley on the blower and rebuilt my heads up and out!!!

I am sure that my syncronizer is timed with my crank!!!!
A very knowledgable (motorcycle) mechanic told me to try setting my crank a few degrees before or after 26degrees ATDC to change my timing alittle?

Which brings me to my question?

Is it possible to change your timing like this? What will it do?

From my knowledge & understanding, the syncronizer is cam driven and has a magnetic pick-up, that senses(timed) when the intake valve is open to spray out fuel from injector at the proper time? If I am wrong some one please correct me, for these are just my own thoughts on it!!

I've been told the noise I'm hearing is probably advanced timing! I was thinking to fix this advancement, couldn't I just set my crank a few degrees clockwise, and then set in my syncronizer?

By the way, my 26 degrees ATDC came where the notch is cut on the Vibe Damper, and I have the syncro posit. tool!(woo hoo!)

Your Knowledge and Comments Are Greatly Apreciated!!!!

35TH SC w/5% tints,AOD,Flowmasters,Hypertech power programmer, air silencer gone, K&N, 10%OD pulley on SC, Cervini's Ram Air Hood(looks solid,I'll get pics soon),wantin' to be a Harley and dyin' togo!!!!!:cool:

Do you have EGR? If so double check for a leak in the pipe or the hose going to the transducer. I had lots of detonation from it after I put the SC & plenum back on my engine. Good luck

An easier way is to pull the octane plug near the passenger shock tower, rearside. It will pull 4 degrees of timing when pulled.

Back