Check out these intercoolers

trwnum2

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/products.asp?cat=TUNINT&catalog=TUNINT

I know that these are for foreign imports, but look at some of the available kits with the prices they offer (wonder if one of the big parts suppliers could possibly use these cores to make cheaper intercoolers than the fully customized ones out there)

I was thinking the one on the bottom would work pretty well with some custom tubing, gets rid of the exhaust manifold heat for one

Also, what about linking a couple of those cheaper front mounted ones to make a double intercooler connected by piping; maybe then a full sized radiator could be put in the car as well

Just thinking with this post - not really serious, trying to bring some conversation back to the forum really

My question for some of those intercoolers would be are they big enough to handle the heat generated by our superchargers? And, the ones that are big, can they fit just behind the front grille somehow? It still looks like a hell of alot of work, and money to configure a workable solution. I don't know... the MP intercooler still seems like the best one out there for our cars.

You know what I'm waiting for?.... someone to develop a small intercooler that has active cooling- like some type of air conditioning unit efficient enough to be driven by the car's electrical system, or maybe some type of chemical that stays extremely cold consistently when electricity is applied. Both would cool the IC tube temps to below outside ambient and would not rob significant power from the engine.

No such thing yet though.

Back