Intake elbow assy boost fitting

FearThis SC

Can the little rubber fitting where the boost line plugs into the Intake elbow assy be removed without damaging it? Seem that the boost line broke off, with some of the line still in the rubber fitting. Would like to get it off so I can remove the tube that is still left in the fitting!

Calvin

Yeah no problem Calvin, it's supposed to be removable. If it's stuck just twist it around first then it should pull right off.

Vernon

Thanks Vernon........Got it off with few twists, just too a small nail and pushed the rest of the broken line out. Tested it, works. Sucking and blowing.......errr.......on the boost line prior to installing it back on the nipple!

Calvin

Is the spanner nut the same as righty tighty or opposite. I dont have a spanner wrench, what can I use to get it broke, hammer and big screwdriver? Want to put on this MP top for months now, finally going to do it today. Along with switching out tachometer to see if that fixes my erratic tachometer!

Last edited:
You know Calvin, women usually like it when you suck directly on the nipple. As for blowing on the boost line, I'll leave that one alone.

Vernon

The spanner is common thread. I have a spanner wrench you can borrow, don't try this without one. To get a proper fit and seal the nut has to be retorqued to 148 ft. lbs and there's no way you can do that with a hammer and screwdriver. You could screw it up so badly that you never want to open your hood in public again though.

I'm going to Beumont Texas next weekend, maybe we could meet out there and put it on, either at my dads place or even Wynn's if he's obliged.

If not I can ship it to you so you can use it, just pay the shipping charges.

Vernon

Not so worried about the ole stock nut as much as I'm worried about messing up the MP top. As far as riding over to Beaumont, now that is an idea, for sure. I will have to check with the warden and see what is planned for next weekend.

Going to switch out the Tach that Wynn sent (months ago), finally got the time to see if that is my problem.......Wynn has been patience with me, he loaned me a DIS and this Tachometer to see if either fixes my erratic tachometer problem. DIS didn't, going to do the tachometer, now! I will give you a call later! You going to be at the house???

Calvin

I'm about to go tuner file testing and run into town. Call my cell phone for best results. I think you have it but I'll email you just in case.

Vernon

I just rec'd your email will give you a call shortly...... The erratic tachometer I was experiencing was a bad tachometer.......switch out the one Wynn sent and it works again.

420 Time!!!

Calvin

Back