fuel injectors

ShawnSC1

Is it posible to clean the fuel injectors myself. I have them all out, and ready for cleaning. Or should I take them to a professional.

when i had mine out, I changed the o-rings on em and when i started my car, I filled on 92 oct. and a premium fuel system treatment!!!

Ya thats something I would do also. But I want to clean all the old grim or what ever you call it in side the fuel injector that you could not clean while they are installed in the motor. Maybe you soak then in something over night and then blow them out with a 60psi air hose. Then they are as good as new.

Shawn,

There are several places that offer injector cleaning and flow testing services in the Toronto area. I had mine done in Oshawa, which I know is a little far for you in Hamilton (about 1.5 hours).

Be prepared to spend $20-$25 per injector, x6. This price may or may not include new o-rings and filter caps.

Why are you having them cleaned? I though you were selling?

Sorry Bill I guess I should let everone know. I have desided to keep the XR7. We plan on getting a rebuilt off of Tom in the next couple of months. So I furgure I should do the job right. I will update more info. in the next few days. If you have any ideas please email me. Thanks

Back