Two problems

Pit Bird

I recently developed two problems with my 92 sc
first: I my odometer just up and quit. I have been hearing a whining gear noise in the dash for a couple off weeks and now that the od does not work the noise is gone. I have pulled the instrument cluster but all I saw was two electrical plugins. If any can tell me where to look and for what it would be helpfull. Do not know if it matters but speedo and everything but the trip counter and OD still work.
Second: When I hit the slightest inperfection in the road it sounds like I am making popcorn in the front end. I checked all the rubber and it all look like crap. So I do not know were to start. I jacked the car up and tried to move the wheels and no movement. The lower ball joints apear to be in the best shape, and the uppers the worst. If i bounce the front it does not happen when i bounce the rear drivers side it happens in the drivers front I am not a great suspension man so if anyone had a problem like this help me please it is very anoying and embarising when someone is in the car.

Back