Where does this wire go?

rmsuper

Where does this wire go? I do not have any vent only defrost.
I recently had the heater core replaced and havent had the vents since.

Thx

Attachments

• acwire.jpg
    acwire.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 203
Actually that shouldnt be a wire, more like a hose. There are 6-7 of them that operate the doors to switch between floor, vent and defrost settings. They are all different colors though so there should be another loose end that hooks to that one, that is the same color. That should be your problem as long as its the only one loose. Looks like whoever did your heater core was a bit careless.

i think it goes to the blend door canister (silver cylinder on the heater plenum), if not I think it goes somewhere onthe heater plenum anyways(black box that contains heater motor):D

hey

I have that wire also. check the vacuum wires under the hood to the passenger side of the engine going into the firewall. Had one disconnect on me and only had defrost. hooked it back up, hvac controls worked great.

the yellow hose connects the heater control module to that little brassy/silver cylinder - it has a little nub to connect onto - behind the heater control. it opens and closes the door to the floor heater vents i believe

Back