light ticking/clicking when accelerating

ChrisPearl95

I hear this when getting onto the throttle, no acceleration problems, just hear this sound. Vacuum leak?

Thanks.

Chris :confused:

not sure

it goes up with rpm's, but when I stop accelerating or have cruise control on, it does not occur. Not sure about lifters at all.

Thanks

Chris

dont think its exhaust

Had a slight exhaust leak after it was installed last fall, that was fixed...this is a different sound.

Thanks.

if its a flapping sort of noise your SC top might not be sealed properly, look for oily spots around where the top meets the blower

My '95 did the same thing

Started running Redline 20-50 and it stopped. Dirty lifter?? Or maybe excessive lifter/valve stem wear???

i would think exhaust leak up at y pipe where it hooks on to manifold or egr transducer hose melted or vacuum leak

Last edited:
Not to alarm you BUT....

It may or may not be...But I had a ticking/pinging though it was a lifter at first, then thought it was the knock sensor cuz it seemed to only happen uner Acceleration...So...Anyway I am thinking it is not a huge issue cuz the car behaved fine otherwise...

Well it it took a turn for the worse and ended up being a pretty loud knock one day...I pulled the eng. and it turned ou to be a mainbearing...This was a POS ford reman eng. though...

I hope that it is something small....

Brad

Back