shocks and springs

danekejt

when i go around a turn or sometimes over a huge bump i hear a load creaking sound coming from my left front tire. Is that the spring telling me that it is time to replace it? plus with the suspension that way it with the coil overs can i replace just the shock and not the spring or do i have to do both? clueless on suspension. thanks

Might be a lower balljoint.
Mine would creak like that when turning or backing down my driveway.
Just something to check.

tbirddriver,
hey thanks for the reply. you know what, now that you mention that i believe that is what it is. about 8 or 9years ago with another sc i had the lower ball joint replaced and i believe that is what the reason was. thanks for the reply.

where abouts in allentown do you live. my wife and i used to live in allentown. moved to new tripoli about 5 years ago. you going to carlisle?

thanks again

Maybe some of these names will sound familiar.
I actually live in Hopewell Farms near the Air Products head office in Trexlertown.

I will be going to Carlisle, just for the day, probably on the Saturday. I went last year and was amazed by all the SC's there.
That place is huge.

yeah i know hopewell farms. i work at apci there in ttown. you going to have your car in the show then on sat? your right that plave is huge. i went for the first time to years ago and i was amazed then. this year we are going down for the whole weekend.

No, I won't have my car in the show, I just like to see
all the other cars.
It's a small world, we work at the same company!
I work for APCI up here in Wikes-Barre, but live in Allentown.
I commute in my SC (1 hour and 15 minutes each way).
I'm in materials, what do you do at APCI?

thats funny. all the years i have being posting to this web page i have only seen a few people in this area. wow that is a long commute. i work on the lan and desktop team in the service center. Hell i have probably bugged you a time or two about cleaning up viruses.

what color is your sc. Did you happen to have your car at lehigh tire last week?

i think my stepson might have worked on your car. he mentioned about a white sc that was there. he just started there two weeks ago.

yeah that was him. he said your sc was really nice.

i have 3 sc that is true. one is a parts car a 91 5spd, the other is a 91sc black\black leather 5spd with 9500 miles on it now. when i bought that one last year it had 6100 miles. then i have an 89sc 5sp blue that has 123k on it.

I bought this one last year. It's white with a burgundy interior. When I bought it, it had 64,000 miles on it, never seen a winter. Because I use it to commute, it now has 90,000 miles on it. (Still never seen a winter, I have an explorer I use in the winter.) I just sold one that had 263,000 miles on it. (black with grey interior). I drove that one for over 10 years...great car.

nice, you see alot of cars like that with tons of miles on them. some who have had alot of problems and some that have had no problems at all. cant beat the ride and performance.

both the black 91 and the blue 89 i bought last year. the 89sc i bought from a guy here at apci. he works in the spoc center. the interior was trashed in it. i swapped the interior from my parts car to the 89. about 3 weeks ago i was rearended in it. the insurance totaled the car. i bought it back got it fixed and still have 1500 bucks left over.

danekejt:

Are you meeting up with the SC's from New Jersey on their way to Carlisle on Saturday 05/31/03?
If so, where along the 78 are you joining up with them, and at what time?
I'd like to hook up also.

i believe that is on friday not saturday. yeah i am planning on driving out with them. i have to call him yet and discuss when and where.

Back