Super Coupe pulley

Squirty10

I was driving on interstae one day and smelled a smoke coming out of my 1990 T-Bird SC and pulled in gas station to find out whats wrong. Come to find out it was locked supercharger pulley. It melted and locked. Took car back home and pulled out pulley and found that the bearings behind lulley is all torn out. I wanted to know what do I do next? Do I have to pull out shaft and replace all the bearings? Rear and front bearings in shaft for supercharger?

Email me Squirty10@webtv.net , Thanks!

Buy a used supercharger for about $150- $200 and roll on. It sounds like yours ran out of oil and the bearings seized up. The snout is probably the only part that is damaged, but repairing it will cost more than buying a used supercharger.

Check the classified section.

David

Supercharger pulley

Yes, It is the bearings that locked up inside of shaft. I thought maybe I could replace those bearings and put shaft back on and roll on? Thanks

the bearings in the center cartridge are also hooped, buy another blower. Maybe something is jammed in the rotors also?

Acually, All I wanted to do was spend alittle money on it to get supercharger up and running so I can sell the car. I know that the center rod where it goes thru on bearig, the front is kinda towards down and rear part is kinda towards up. I also see those blowers where I took top part off and tried to move the pulley and I can see it moving. I just hope that all it takes is replacing those bearings on it.

your cheapest route

Your cheapest route is to just find a used SC in the parts forum or on E-Bay...lots less work too:D

Rick in FL :cool:

Back